A Festival for all People
We're committed to making our events and performances accessible
This commitment addresses a core value of the Festival’s artistic vision to celebrate difference and develop diverse audiences.
For nearly 20 years, Chevron Australia has partnered with Perth Festival to create memorable cultural moments for more than 2.5 million Western Australians. With a focus on inclusion, as our Community Partner, Chevron has helped us to remove participation barriers and increase accessibility for a broader range of audience members as we make positive progress towards being a Festival for all people.
Some of our 2023 initiatives include:
• Improved access infrastructure and equipment
• Extended services for Auslan, audio descriptions, captioning and tactile tours
• Cultural safety and disability inclusion training for Festival staff and volunteers
• Pre-Festival Access Information Evening for patrons and community groups
• Discounted and free tickets through the Pay It Forward initiative
• A Partner Schools program to bring events to students from diverse backgrounds
• An Ambassadors program involving culturally and linguistically diverse WA community leaders
• Arts Industry Access Workshop for artists to understand how to program and produce work for people living with disability
• Access Guides for each Festival program and ease of use upgrades to the website
Chevron’s commitment to the community through Perth Festival has enabled Western Australians to enjoy special cultural experiences that otherwise would not have been possible – a powerful legacy to leave through this successful partnership.