How to Book an Access Ticket
Access to brilliant shows is a right that Perth Festival strongly believes is for all who wish to see them.
Our brilliant ticketing team has been working on an Australian Festival first – making online bookings available for absolutely everybody (*cue Vanessa Amorosi*), including those with wheelchair access requirements.
What is involved with booking Access Tickets you might ask?
Read on to find out!
What is Access Ticketing?
Access Ticketing is booking for tickets when you have additional needs that staff need to be aware of to make sure you experience the Festival the best way possible.
What does Perth Festival have available for Access Ticketing?
Formerly you had to call through/email/book in person to highlight your needs. Now, you can also book online.
In 2018, Auslan, Audio Description and Captioning were introduced online for Perth Festival 2019.
The big goal for the 2020 Festival was to move wheelchairs and companion bookings online – a difficult task!
The use of multiple venues by the Festival makes it a unique situation to accommodate, but we have made the following options available so our patrons can have the best possible experience with us.
How do you book Access?
For Auslan, Wheelchair, Audio Description & Captioning tickets:
- They appear as a prize zone and price type on relevant performances (indicated on the event page).
- Click on your required area, eg, captioning instead of A Reserve/B Reserve, etc.
- For Wheelchair bookings, patrons need to get in touch with their wheelchair specs so we can comfortably accommodate your requirements, based on the venue/show.
Companion Card bookings
- Send a picture of the companion card/details on the card through to [email protected].
- Once we have the details, we mark your account with the necessary details so you can access companion card prices. When you login next time to your account on the Perth Festival website, you will be able to access the companion card price type.
You now only have to reach out once. You don’t even have to buy at the time, you can reach out at any given time and we can organise for your details to be in-place at your convenience.
Who do we contact if any other requirements or questions arise?
For any access ticketing requirements, to prepare your account for easier online bookings or if you have any questions, you can contact [email protected] or call 6488 8816 Monday-Friday from 9am-5pm.
Access Ticketing Feedback
We are doing our best to make sure all shows are accessible for all, but it is a work-in-progress. Thank you for your patience while we work out the kinks!
We welcome feedback on your experience with Access Ticket purchases - please contact [email protected].