Youth Advisory Council
EOIs Now Open
We’re looking for 10 young people (aged 18 – 26) who love the arts to become our inaugural Youth Advisory Council.
We are committed to celebrating the breadth of the Western Australian community through access and inclusion, and recognise the importance of involving young people in decision-making processes.
The Youth Advisory Council is a space for exactly this. Participants will get directly involved in our Festival, learn the intricacies of how a Festival operates and deliver a project (think zine, talk, event, workshop, anything!) created and driven by the Council.
Over the course of six months (September 2020 – February 2021), members of the Youth Advisory Council will contribute to Perth Festival 2021 – advising on youth related issues across Festival operations, participating in program development and delivery, and producing their own project. The Council will also explore the Festival’s relationship with Indigenous community and artists, and what it means for us to create and present a Festival on Noongar boodja.
Monthly meetings will be held on the second Wednesday of each month between September – December 2020, increasing to two per-month from January – February 2021. Attendance via Zoom is an option for those who may not be able to attend in person.
There may be some additional commitments during Perth Festival 2021, depending on the delivery of the YAC driven project.
Members of the Youth Advisory Council will receive a stipend of $300 per person, paid over the course of the six months. If Council members need additional financial assistance with travel costs to attend YAC meetings, this can be arranged on a case-by-case basis.
Who you are
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You are aged 18 – 26 at August 1 2020
- Have an interest in working with Perth Festival and are willing to actively contribute to workshops, discussions and projects
- Can commit to monthly meetings from September – December 2020, second Wednesday of each month
- Can commit to bi-monthly meetings from January – February 2021, dates to be mutually agreed with the YAC
You don’t need to be an artist or arts student to participate, we welcome young people from all career paths and experiences. All we ask is that you love arts and culture, and have a strong desire to be involved in our Festival.
Members of the Youth Advisory Council will:
- Gain experience in event management, community engagement and programming
- Help the Festival respond to youth topics and issues
- Gain insight into the development and delivery of Perth Festival
- Receive a stipend of $300 per person
- Build connections with other YAC members and the broader Festival community
- Attend Festival events
Expressions of Interest Open Wed, 15 Jul 2020
Expressions of Interest Close Mon 17 Aug 2020
Interviews Thu 20 & Fri 21 Aug 2020
Notification of Participation Tue 25 Aug 2020
First Meeting Wed 9 Sep 2020 4.30pm
How to apply
To apply, please submit an Expression of Interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need support to submit an EOI, or would like discuss alternative application formats, please get in touch with Jenna on email@example.com
If you have any questions or would like to chat about the Youth Advisory Council, we’d love to hear from you. Email Jenna at firstname.lastname@example.org