Canning Highway, Gabbi Kowangalup - Niergarup
For the free closing event, Highway to Hell, a 10km stretch of Canning Highway between the Raffles Hotel and the Old Fremantle Traffic Bridge will be closed to traffic.
Canning Highway from Canning Bridge, Applecross to Queen Victoria Street, Fremantle will be closed to traffic from 1pm and will reopen in sections by 11pm. Leach Highway and South Street will remain open as normal.
*Local residents please note:
- Key crossroads Reynolds Rd, Riseley St, Stock Rd and Petra St will remain open for the duration of the event, allowing traffic to flow south/north across Canning Highway
- Stirling Highway and Queen Victoria St traffic bridges will remain open for the duration of the event, allowing traffic to flow south/north across the bridges.
- Access from Kintail Rd to the Canning Bridge freeway north entrance will remain open for the duration of the event, allowing traffic to flow from Applecross to freeway north.
Specific event infrastructure will be set-up prior to the event day, such as placement of toilet blocks, fencing and building stages. This will not impact on residents and/or the access of Canning Highway.
- If you live locally, we suggest walking or cycling to Canning Highway to set up a spot
- Pack lightly, expect to possibly walk some distance and allow plenty of time to get to the event
- It will be busy so be patient when walking, cycling, driving or using public transport
- Each key event zone will have bike lock areas
- If you choose to drive, street parking in the area will be available subject to normal conditions and a number of overflow parking areas are within walking distance from Canning Hwy. We recommend you carpool. Please be mindful of blocking access to driveways and roads when parking
- Alternatively take Transperth, free shuttle buses will be operating from Bull Creek Train Station, Fremantle Train Station and a park and ride location at Murdoch University. For more information visit transperth.wa.gov.au
- If you're considering ride share there is an exclusion zone of two blocks either side of the Canning Highway
- All transport and parking details can be found in the event FAQs
- Wheelchair platform at Tompkins Park
- Auslan interpreting at Tompkins Park
- Audio description at Tompkins Park
- ACROD parking in Canning Bridge Zone, Tompkins Park Zone, Valley Zone and Rainbow Zone. Please refer to maps in ‘THE ZONES’ section above for locations
- Cycling Without Age is offering free rides on the Highway to Hell for people who are not mobile. Pre-book on 0448 447 223 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
See the maps below for markers.