Who Run the World Remixed
A masterclass in music production
Who Run The World is back in 2020 and again we’re partnering with West Australian Music to address gender inequality in music – but this time with a twist.
About Who Run the World Remixed
Young female and non-binary identifying musicians, producers and DJs aged 15 - 20 are invited to join local musicians, performers and producers for a series of masterclasses, discussions and performances. From creativity with loop pedals to preparing a studio for production, releasing your music to personal stories from musicians, this is an opportunity to get the low down from those who have paved the way.
Who You Are
To participate in Who Runs the World Remixed, you should:
- Be an aspiring musician, DJ or producer
- Identify as female or non-binary
- Be aged between 15 – 20 at the time of submitting your Expression of Interest
- Live in Western Australia
Venue, Date and Time will be confirmed in the coming weeks.
Cost: Participation is free, but you will need to cover the cost of transport to and from the venue.
Monday 2 December 2019 - Full program details announced & applications open
Friday 10 January 2020 - Applications close
How to Apply
To apply for Who Run the World Remixed you will need to:
- Complete an application form (available Monday 2 December 2019)
- Read, understand and accept the Terms & Conditions – Who Run the World Remixed with your parent / guardian (if you are Under 18 at the time of application)
Please note that applicants aged under 18 must ensure they have the permission of their parent/guardian before submitting an application. The Parents / Guardians of chosen participants will be required to sign a hard copy version of the Project Terms & Conditions that gives consent for the participant’s involvement in the program.
Applications for Who Run the World Remixed will open on Monday 2 December 2019.