We are an annually curated multi-genre arts festival in Perth, WA that showcases the very best of national and international film, theatre, circus, dance, literature and music. The Lotterywest Film season runs from November to April and the Perth Festival runs across February and March, but we are busy all year planning and preparing for delivery. Our team expands from a core team of 30 to up to 400 at the peak of Festival – creating a unique, fast paced and ever-changing working environment.
The role of Head of Corporate Services is a senior leadership position within the core Festival team, reporting to and working closely with the Executive Director to manage legal, risk and compliance matters and provide strategic financial leadership to the Festival. The successful applicant will also fulfill the role of Company Secretary to the Perth Festival Board and Committees.
The position description will give you a detailed overview of the role; as a snapshot, success in the role looks like this:
- Providing relevant risk and compliance guidance across risk management planning, commercial contracting and financial reporting
- Effective financial management and cost control across the organisation, particularly in the area of budgeting and forecasting for current and future Festivals
- Compliance with legislation and regulations for ASIC and ACNC in the role of Company Secretary
- Providing role-model leadership and strong support to an experienced Finance and Corporate Services Team
Our ideal candidate will tick these boxes:
- Passionate about arts, culture and events
- Extensive commercial, finance, risk, legal and compliance experience
- Experience working with and reporting to Boards and Financial, Risk and Audit Committees
- CA, CPA (or equivalent) qualified
- Have experience with (and enjoy) working in a high-pressure, ever-changing environment with a rolling schedule of critical deadlines
Perth Festival is a highly dynamic environment that engages with some of the most incredible professionals, artists and art in the world. We work hard and we love what we do. If this sounds like the right fit for you, please respond to the selection criteria listed in the Position Description and forward a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
This role is based in Perth, Western Australia and will commence in March 2020. Applications close midnight on the 12th of January with interviews scheduled for mid to late January.
We actively strive for diversity in our teams. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, or disability.
If you have any questions regarding this role, please contact Jessica Blackwell – Head of People and Culture on 6488 8622.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE